Gorge ReBuild-it Center
The Gorge Rebuild-it Center diverts tons of materials from the landfill annually. Doing so reduces problems associated with solid waste, reduces the extraction of new raw materials and helps you to have a positive effect on the environment
Our Mission & Purpose
- Put good used building material back into service instead of the landfill
- Provide affordable building materials
- Provide educational programs
- Keeps good used building materials out of the landfill
- Reduces environmental problems caused by solid waste
- Lessens further extraction of raw material from the earth by utilizing already mined & processed material
- Helps customers have a positive effect on the environment.
Provide information concerning problems caused to the environment by solid waste and the advantages of reuse, sustainable building. Support other waste based businesses.
Programs can take the form of workshops, films, and lectures featuring guest speakers.
- How to build with recycled materials
- How to create value added products from recycled building materials
- Alternative building materials which are less harmful to the environment